Re: [OM] OM2 curtain pattern variation

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2 curtain pattern variation
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:34:16 -0500
There are 2 curtain types.  Center weighted version is found only in low
serial number OM-2 (and at least one 2N that I worked on for National
Geographic).  The lower the asa setting, the longer the low light
exposure.  OM-2 will do auto exposures up to 19 minutes.  While the 2N
instructions claim a 2 minute limit, in practice it's more like 3.5.
John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com
Olympus OM Service since 1977