Re: [OM] [OT} PS vs DSLR

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT} PS vs DSLR
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 00:37:04 +0800
FWIW I have seen images coming from the D40/40X and I have also used one and
frankly, if you're used to Olympus colours, you'll have nightmares with it
and I say this while I put away my biases. As for the Canon SX10 IS, I
frankly have no idea.
I notice a few other people here have recommended the E-420 or even the
Panasonic DMC-G1. Both are good and I wouldn't discount either.
The question I like to ask is what your timeframe to purchase one is. If you
can wait out a little longer, Olympus is scheduled to launch - and hopefully
release - their Micro Four-Thirds model. That one might be worth the wait.

My two cents' worth.

K.

2008/12/16 AS <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>

> I am looking into getting a camera for my better half. She has been using
> el-cheapo point and shoot digicams and a good old Digital Elph (solid
> camera). She wants a good camera now but does not want me to spend $$.
> Anyhow I am looking at a N*kon D40 but I also see a Canyon SX10 IS, which
> has DSLR like features.
>
> Any draw back to these "bridge" point and shoots vs a low end DSLR? The
> N*kon D40 is pretty slim down...not the greatest but probably good to learn
> from.
>

> --

Khen Lim - Zone-10 LLC, Des Moines, Iowa, USA

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people" - Emily
Cox
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt
Disney