Re: [OM] [OT] Electrical Part Help

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Electrical Part Help
From: "Charles Geilfuss" <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:46:38 -0500
Greetings,
  Alright I have a little more infomation about my microscope rheostat:
     Firstly to correct my bogus information, it controls a 6 volt, 20 Watt
halogen bulb.

   Secondly, I removed the bottom and put a multimeter on the two leads
going into the body of the rheostat. I get no reading unless I set the
multimeter to the 200 ohm range. At the rheostat's lowest range I get a
reading of 0.3 and at the highest range a reading of 0.6. So if I'm using my
4th grade math correctly, the range of the rheostat is 60 ohms to 120 ohms.
Do these figures make sense to those of you out there who know what you are
doing?

Thanks,
Charlie

PS Boris I have taken some photos of the part and will e-mail to you
off-List.