Re: [OM] [OT] Electrical Part Help

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Electrical Part Help
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 16:43:03 -0500
Since it's your intention to change it out you obviously think you can
get at it to remove it.  I would guess that the part is marked with its
resistance and maximum power level in watts so do as much disassembly as
required to check the specs on the case.  Other considerations are
physical dimensions.  Will the new part fit back in the same hole, will
the mounting nut hold it in place and is the shaft the right size and
length for the adjustment knob.  On the page you showed there were pots
marked linear and audio.  Audio pots are non-linear to more closely
match our hearing response.  You'll want a linear pot for the lamp.

Chuck Norcutt