[OM] underwater photography

Subject: [OM] underwater photography
From: Jerry Smith <proud_texan63@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 11:40:13 -0800 (PST)
 Since my test came thru, I'll try to resend these.  Underwater shots are even
more hit and miss than general photography. I had an Nikonos V for a few years
and was lucky to get 3-4 decent shots per roll, per dive. I started feeling
that working that hard for a great shot or shots, started to take away from the
diving. So setting aside the camera and doing the next dive without it started
getting easier and easier. I have dove in Belize before, all of us were
previously certified, or certifiable, so all our dives went off without a
hitch. That was the first time I was within 3-4 feet of a big barracuda, framed
him  up and took the shot. I remember looking though the shots after getting
back home and I couldn't find my barracuda, looked though the pack 4-5 times
before I finally noticed a tail fin in an otherwise empty shot. It took me that
long to realize that in that 1/60th the camera took, that cuda had turned 90
degrees away from me and had shot
 off 6 feet or so. The shots didn't seem to get any easier, but the diving was
always beautiful.I had always wanted to house one of my OM's but couldn't never
afford the housing, if you have the chance give it a try.

Jerry

Life is not a race, it is a ride. Enjoy it!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/proud-texan/