[OM] underwater photography

Subject: [OM] underwater photography
From: Jerry Smith <proud_texan63@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 11:41:53 -0800 (PST)
   Darin,

 Snorkeling is actually a lot easier than it looks, good swimmer doesn't have a
whole lot to do with it. The extra buoyancy of salt water does a lot of the
work for you, and if you need more help than that you can wear a snorkel vest.
It looks a lot like an old Mae West Vest navy fliers used to wear, the yellow
ring in the old movies. You can't do anything but float with that on.

  The problem with the colors at depth is with the small flash on the small
housed camera. The only color is blue, the flash not being powerful enough to
bring the reds back out. That's why with the true underwater cameras the flash
is bigger that the camera. All in all it's still a lot of fun doing the
underwater photography, I just limit how often I take mine down with me.

Jerry

Life is not a race, it is a ride. Enjoy it!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/proud-texan/