Re: [OM] underwater photography

Subject: Re: [OM] underwater photography
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 10:08:29 EST

In a message dated 11/14/2008 9:00:48 A.M. Central Standard Time,
d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I'm a
bit embarrassed to admitt this, but I really can't swim much at all.  Maybe,
if I were lucky, just enough to be able to save my hide if I had  to.

One should be able to swim and be comfortable in the water.  The  diving part
doesn't require tremendous swimming skills as you make yourself  neutrally
buoyant with your vest/buoyancy compensator however one can never  tell what
might happen that would require you to swim.  I would not want to  be with som
eone who could not swim well while diving.  It would be a danger  for both of
us.
 Bill Barber