Re: [OM] WTB: Zuiko OM glass (21/2, 18/3.5, 90/2)

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB: Zuiko OM glass (21/2, 18/3.5, 90/2)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 15:14:17 -0500
I thought for a long time that my logo wouldn't come off either without
risking tearing the bag.  But I didn't want to travel 11,508 miles by
car with "Canyon" emblazoned in chrome across my bag. I eventually tried
(and succeeded) by slipping a strong, thin blade between the fabric and
back of the logo then held the body of the logo (with fabric) tightly in
one hand whilst slowly imparting a slight twist to the blade to work the
push on faster on the back side off the stud it was attached to.  You
have to work a little at a time and move the position of the blade
around to pull the fastener off evenly.  I have never seen the fasteners
as they're still inside the bag between material layers but assume they
look similar to these.  <http://www.bakfin.com/>

If that didn't work I was prepared to take a razor blade to one or even
three sides of the fabric surrounding the logo, snip the studs off and
then repair the fabric damage with some tape.

Chuck Norcutt