[OM] Re: Looking for tips when buying an OM-4

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for tips when buying an OM-4
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 10:28:14 +0100
I would say you want the OM-4 manual(s), Darin, but keep in mind the
following factory notes of variations from the manual for an OM-4 with a
circuit from OM-4T:

1. Where the battery check used to stay on until switched off (or the
batteries died), the new circuit will shut off in 30 seconds.
2. With the original circuit, the Finder LED lights whenever the flash ready
light is on. With the new circuit, the Finder LED "clears" itself (shuts
off?) after 120 seconds even if the flash ready light is on.
3. In Auto mode, the original circuit will only fire a T-series flash -- the
new circuit will fire any flash if the shutter speed falls below 1/60th
second.
4. In the original circuit, the finder must be ON for the memory to be
cleared -- with the new circuit, the memory can be cleared even if the
display is off.

(Taken from Clint Rumbo's notes on Mark Dapoz' site).

But it might be easier to find a 4T manual and make do!

--
Piers