[OM] Re: Looking for tips when buying an OM-4

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for tips when buying an OM-4
From: Robert Burnette <r.burnette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 17:11:59 -0400
Darin:

I have two OM-4s: one with the old circuit and one with the new. The battery
checks work as described. As for the battery drain due to the old circuit, I
have never understood the problem. All one has to do is take the battery out
when not using the camera for extended periods. Regardless, the batteries are
readily available and not too expensive. An OM-4 is well worth the expense.

The comments about the four screw lens mounts and the problems they can cause
are correct also. The old circuit OM-4 I purchased (used) had the metering
connect button on the camera body sheared off flat and it would not display the
lens data in the viewfinder. John H. replaced the button for me. Look for a
small spring-loaded black button protruding from the OM-4 lens mount face. It
should be cone-shaped (tapered).

If the OM-4 turns out to be in good shape and you purchase it, you will have
made a very good buy on an excellent camera. If the body looks nice too, then
it will be a bonus buy. On the list, that's a "Fang," named for a list member
who became renowned on the list for the fabulous finds and buys she used to
make at yard sales and/or garage sales.

Anyone know what ever happened to Doris Fang?

Robert.