[OM] Re: Looking for tips when buying an OM-4

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for tips when buying an OM-4
From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 00:08:14 -0700
What's going on with the list? Maybe it just me, or maybe Commycast, but I
haven't been getting most of the list mail lately. A good example, my post
this morning about buying an OM-4. Not only did I not recieve my own post, I
only recieved 1 of the replies. I'm constantly getting peoples replies to
posts, which I never recieved the original of, so I have no idea what was
discussed earlier. Guess I'm gonna have to start checking nabble more often
to see what I'm missing out on.

Not having recieved the replies to my post, I just went with my gut.
Everything seemed to be ok as far as my dumb butt could tell.

So any hoot, I 'm the proud new owner of a very nice OM-4!

Now that I've gotten to read the helpful replies all of you so kindly sent.
I've put it through all the recommended tests, turns out luck was on my
side. The battery check beeper stops after 30 seconds, so it apparently has
the 4Ti circuit. Yippy! All in all, it appears to be a very clean and well
cared for camera. Just some minor brassing on the corners and above the
strap lugs, a few minor scratchs to the bottom plate and memo holder, and
one very small dent on the right side of the prism housing. Clean as a
whistle inside and out. All that's left to do is run a roll through her
tomorrow and see how it comes out.

Just a couple quick questions though.
1. Do I understand correctly, the metering is center weighted averaging in
both manual and auto modes, unless you press the spot button? I'm currently
shooting an 0M-2s, so that might take some getting used to. But having spot
metering in auto and multi-spot will be nice.

2. Since it seems to have the 4Ti circuit, should I be looking for the OM-4
manuals, or the 4Ti manual, Or perhaps both?

Thanks for all the help,
Darin