[OM] Re: Looking for tips when buying an OM-4

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for tips when buying an OM-4
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 03:25:14 -0700
Darin wrote:

> So any hoot, I 'm the proud new owner of a very nice OM-4!

Congratulations!

> 2. Since it seems to have the 4Ti circuit, should I be looking for the OM-4
> manuals, or the 4Ti manual, Or perhaps both?

If you go for printed manuals, I would suggest the OM-4 manuals. Most of
the material, including illustrations, is just the same. The OM-4 came
with two manuals, A & B, which are bound with staples.

Everything was put int0 one manual with for the 4T(i). The pages are
smaller and the binding like a paperback book. I find the OM-4 manuals
ergonomically easier to read.

You can compare the contents and layout on the eSIF.
<http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/bodygroup.htm>

I suspect the only substantive difference is in the section about the
F280, which your camera supports inside, but not outside. :-)

Moose