[OM] Re: OT: F31fd Replacement

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: F31fd Replacement
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 03:29:44 -0700
bs.pearce@xxxxxxx wrote:
> If we're talking about high iso performance, I would suggest the D3.
>
> Well, perhaps a D3 and a personal trainer...

I think I'll stick with the 5D  and the carrying gear and muscles I
already have. Thanks for the offer, though.

One thing about a small, amateur camera is that it allows one to get
shots that otherwise aren't possible. Most folks know what crap snaps
they get out of those little cameras, so they assume that's what I'll
get, as well.

I already mentioned and posted images I took in the marvelous shop where
Marnie with her pro looking G9 was asked to stop taking pics. I've had
other similar things happen. We got some very suspicious looks and then
some questions about what we were doing at another interesting place. By
acting innocent and carrying a tiny camera, I got some shots I really
like with the F10.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Monterey%20-%20June%202006/Carmel%20Valley/index.html>

Just as the camera left at home doesn't get the shot, the one that looks
too pro can't get others. In the above cases, I intentionally left the
5D in the car.

Moose