[OM] Re: 420 and 25/2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: 420 and 25/2.8
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 22:51:37 -0400
Then perhaps you're on the wrong system.  I've never tallied the Canyon
primes before but decided to take a look.  Here's what's available.

14/2.8
15/2.8 fisheye
20/2.8
24/1.4 and 2.8
24/3.5 tilt/shift
28/1.8 and 2.8
35/1.4 and 2

45/2.8 tilt/shift
50/1.2, 1.4 and 1.8
50/2.5 macro
60/2.8 macro (EFS only)
65/2.8 macro
85/1.2 and 1.8
90/2.8 tilt/shift
100/2
100/2.8 macro
135/2 and 2.8
180/3.5 macro
200/2 and 2.8
300/2.8 and 4

400/2.8, 4 and 5.6
500/4
600/4
800/5.6

If my counting is correct that's 35 primes with only 7 of them slower
than f/2.8.  Those that are slower than f/2.8, well I think you see the
reasons.  If you add Sigma to the list you get another 14 to choose
from.  I assume Nikon and Pentax have the same story.

Chuck Norcutt