[OM] Re: What Film does your Digital Camera Mimick Most

Subject: [OM] Re: What Film does your Digital Camera Mimick Most
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 18:20:21 -0400
No, you have it wrong about my shooting raw.  It's not that I want to
adjust all my photographs for color and contrast but that I shoot a
great deal of flash in manual mode and also make a significant number of
exposure errors.  But most are easily within the range of a raw file's
ability to recover.  Also, by definition, subjects not within a very
tight distance range in a flash shot are either underexposed or
overexposed.  If I shoot raw I can recover a lot of that if the shot is
important enough.

I'll gladly bow before anyone using any kind of equipment who can shoot
a full wedding day (including lots or fill and indoor flash) completely
in JPEG without having exposure problems on at least some potentially
valuable shots.  It's not me.  I'm nowhere near that good... at least
when I'm moving fast.

When the 5D replacement comes out I won't do anything to baseline it
because I'll still have a 5D.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt