[OM] Re: Some interesting commentary on sensor size, pixel pitch and res

Subject: [OM] Re: Some interesting commentary on sensor size, pixel pitch and resolution
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 18:49:08 -0700
And I saw another article that convincingly showed that D300 images
were superior to those from a 5D. I did not think it worth sharing. I
even saw a tied comparison between a Canon 1DsII and a Nikon D2X. It
all gets rather silly in my opinion.  Best to enjoy the camera you
have. There really is no significant quality difference between these
cameras even when their specs are not exactly the same,  except maybe
at the pixel peeping online level and those differences can be
frequently explained away by the native exposure, gamma, contrast, and
sharpening curves built into them, i.e. they can all be modified in
post processing and if you are comparing jpeg you don't really deserve
one of these cameras anyway and should be shooting with a Fuji.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA