[OM] Re: Some interesting commentary on sensor size, pixel pitch and res

Subject: [OM] Re: Some interesting commentary on sensor size, pixel pitch and resolution
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 01:16:44 +0800
To me, I will only treat this as a subjective personal opinion.

- His assumption about the poorer resolving power of the EF70-200 F4 than
his N85/2 is not proofed, many zooms perform very well at center when
stopped down.

- He mixed up a very simple thing - screen resolution and print resolution,
if he is right then I can get a good 13" (the width of my 17" monitor) wide
print with a 1280x1024 pixel image.

- Using JPEG is a poor approach. Anyway, compare a 10MP image with 12.5MP is
not fair. One can download the converted RAW of D300 and 5D in dpreview to
make a comparison. I just did that and see no big difference between the
two.

- The new 4/3 lenses generally has better resolution than the old lenses,
their MTF is specified at 60lp/mm rather than the general 30lp/mm for 35mm
system.

C.H.Ling