[OM] Re: Test shots of Nikkor AIS 180mm F2.8 ED

Subject: [OM] Re: Test shots of Nikkor AIS 180mm F2.8 ED
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 13:08:21 +1000
Wayne Harridge wrote:
>>> You have some thumbs here:
>>>
>>> http://victorian.fortunecity.com/byzantium/656/index_1.html
>>>
>>> Hope you like them.
>>>

> Nothing wrong with your images but can't stand the other crap on that site
> (pop-ups, flashing advertising), I wouldn't be using that service to host
> any of my work.

As an addendum to the above (not a disagreement), I'll also just
suggest, for your own experience as a *viewer* of this and other
webpages, that the Firefox browser and the Adblock Plus extension mean
that you don't actually see a single advertisement or popup in the above
link - just a clean, simple gallery. It makes for a much "cleaner"
browsing experience on all websites, and you can switch it off for
specific websites you like and support where the ad-presence is minimal
and unobtrusive and may be defraying some of the owner's hosting costs
(eg. zone-10.com). There may be similar options available with IE,
Opera, Safari, and others, but I don't use them so I couldn't say for sure.

All this is of course assuming that you're working from a machine over
which you have control.

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz