[OM] Re: Test shots of Nikkor AIS 180mm F2.8 ED

Subject: [OM] Re: Test shots of Nikkor AIS 180mm F2.8 ED
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 02:17:41 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Wong"

> The last 5 images were taken with F2.8/F4 since inside the warm room & I
> used ISO50 slide.
> http://www.michaelphotography.net/AIS180_28/index.html

Ok, I stand corrected. The background of your shots just look very busy,
doesn't look like shot with large aperture. BTW, with such low light level I
hope you have made some steady shots.

> Of course I do not think sharpness is everything and I just share my
> experience & opinion. I am not going to change others' mind.
>
> You said "I doubt you will see obvious different in resolution compare the
> OM and N*kon on film." ---- Maybe, I'm not sure. Maybe I can find their
> different with projector & 50" screen.  I never try it, but I hope so :-)
>

> BTW, I don't understand your last sentence "your flowers looks burnt, I
> belive you need some fresh one :-)" ----- my flowers looks burnt?

The first few sunflower shots are ok if not a little too high in contrast.
The last few just too "dry" in my monitor, they are lacking some fresh tone.
And the daffodil(?) are just dying :-)

C.H.Ling