[OM] Re: Test shots of Nikkor AIS 180mm F2.8 ED

Subject: [OM] Re: Test shots of Nikkor AIS 180mm F2.8 ED
From: David Irisarri <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:25:22 +0100
Hi Michael,

I don´t know this Nikkor lens but I can tell you Zuiko 180/2,8 isn´t
soft at all. I worked a lot with this lens and I am still waiting for
the new Zuiko Digital 90/2 for my E-1 and my new forthcoming E-3. I love
this focal lenght. Everybody thinks ED is always required for getting
sharper results!!! Wrong! It depens on the focal lenght, number of
elements, etc... OM Zuiko 90/2 hasn´t got any ED element and no other
lens on the earth can beat it!

I have scanned some pictures with my LS-4000 ED and my Ektachrome E-100S
slides were razor sharp!!! Bokeh is charming!

You have some thumbs here:

http://victorian.fortunecity.com/byzantium/656/index_1.html

Hope you like them.

Regards,

Dave

pd: IMHO Nikkor lenses can´t beat Zuiko lenses at same price.