[OM] Re: Test shots of Nikkor AIS 180mm F2.8 ED

Subject: [OM] Re: Test shots of Nikkor AIS 180mm F2.8 ED
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 01:28:53 +0800
Michael,

CA will sure hurt resolution, it is shift of one or more color, any shift of
color will reduce MTF reading. Of course it depends on how serious the CA
is.

I belive you have stopped down for flower shots and I don't belive you will
shoot landscape wide open, serious landscape and macro require tripod
espeically with a 180mm long lens.

I don't think my 3000dpi scanned full size sample is soft (no sharpen
applied, scanned with 4000ED)

http://www.accura.com.hk/180-T/180-06.jpg 3.3MB shot at F4.

Here is a shot I just made with E-3 and OM 180 wide open.

http://www.accura.com.hk/180-T/P3093458.jpg

Remeber it is equivalent to 40MP digital back cropped. I doubt you will see
obvious different in resolution compare the OM and N*kon on film. An image
is sharp or not, the human factor is more important in real life.

BTW, sharpness is not everything, your flowers looks burnt, I belive you
need some fresh one :-)

http://www.accura.com.hk/180-T/FL08.htm

C.H.Ling