[OM] Re: Test shots of Nikkor AIS 180mm F2.8 ED

Subject: [OM] Re: Test shots of Nikkor AIS 180mm F2.8 ED
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 11:20:35 +0100
Quoting usher99@xxxxxxx (7/03/08):

>I remember your nice flower shots from a Spring flower show a year (or
>was it 2) ago. The Zuiko 180/2.8 I don't think has any ED elements and
>has some CA especially at larger apertures. The Zuiko 180/f2 looks very
>nice on Gary Reeses's site, though I can't recall seeing any photos
>taken with that one. Some list members have the Tamron 180/2.5 which I
>think has two ED elements. It is used in the same sentence with the
>Nikkor you have , though I have not seen a head-to-head comparison.
>I tried to snipe one or two of the Tam but no luck.
>Mike

I have never used the Nikkor, but it is considered one of the very best N*kkors.
http://www.naturfotograf.com/lens_short.html
http://www.photozone.de/Reviews/Nikkor%20/%20Nikon%20Lens%20Tests/46-nikon--nikkor-aps-c/226-nikkor-af-180mm-f28-if-ed-review--test-report

A little bit bigger than the Oly, but not much. And way more compact than the
70-200 2/8. Can even be used with an Olympus E body, with adapter! I have
personally sold my Olympus 180/2.8. Too much CA for my taste, even with film.

Bernard