[OM] Re: Another experience with Nikkor mid-tele zoom lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Another experience with Nikkor mid-tele zoom lens
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 11:17:53 +0800
Many people mixed about contrast and saturation, there are sure lenses with
higher contrast so that the color look more deep. On the other hand I do
think there are lenses with higher saturation than the other, besides
contrast it is due to the coating. Not only higher saturation, even the
color will be shifted, the famous Pent*x SMC 645 lens that our friend tested
side by side with the Contax 645 are clearly with different color. The
180/2.5 Tamron I once own has color shifted to red. The Tamron 17 we tested
was not as saturate as Zuiko 18.... I used to do lots of lens test, once we
had over 8 guys standing in the same place with tripod, same type of slide,
took test shot with similar focal length lenses we have and process at the
same lab. There are visual difference for many of them but I do admit that
some are due to shutter speed variation.

C.H.Ling