[OM] Re: HP PC troubles - hard disk errors

Subject: [OM] Re: HP PC troubles - hard disk errors
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:37:51 +1100
Here's the realities -
It's possible that archival quality CD's are available in quantity at
those prices here but you'd have to go look - best I've seen in
normal retail outlets is around AU$5 for individual Kodak Gold in
crystal case.
This is aimed at non-geeks, that is non-photog, non- computer type
consumers. The biggest market is 25-50yo women. Of course we know
better but we're not the customers.
For these consumers, additional hard drives is hardly an option. They
are people who leave them on the mysterious hard drive whirry thing
that they don't really understand in their computer. They don't look
under the bonnet!
What they are really selling is the book thingy. They started with a
warehouse of those which no-one else had found a use for.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx