[OM] Re: (OM) E-1 with Zuiko 100/2

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) E-1 with Zuiko 100/2
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 22:37:53 -0800
Wayne Harridge wrote:
>> Moose wrote:
>>
>> Wow, that's quite strong. You didn't have a filter on the lens, perchance?
>> I've heard that can cause strong reflection spots.
> No filter.
>
> I can also duplicate the effect with film, but it's nowhere near as strong.
> I first noticed it in the viewfinder while making up some auction ads and
> didn't understand what it was, so spent a bit of time experimenting - digital
> really is great for that sort of stuff.  I checked out just about every lens
> I had that I could mount on the E-300, a large number of Zuikos and Nikons
> but only found about 3 lenses that showed the effect, the Tamron 90/2.5 was
> the worst.

Amazing! I have never noticed that effect with my 90/2.5, on digital
(although, as I said, that was macro only), film or in the viewfinder.

Do we have the same model? Mine is the 49mm filter thread, 1st. version.
I always thought the later, 55mm version was just a cosmetic change. I
don't have mine at hand at the moment, out on loan. It's not a practical
issue for me, as I have the 90/2.8 Di for digital, but I'm a curious
sort... ;-)

Moose