[OM] Re: IMG: yum yum

Subject: [OM] Re: IMG: yum yum
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:53:59 -0500
Try this. If you print exclusively through professional labs, and
they require sRGB, then work the whole way in sRGB from capture to
final file. That way things look right all the way through. (No, I
don't know why they use sRGB instead of Adobe, which has the wider
color rendition. Maybe it's just old habit. And I'll betcha Chuck
will weigh in here to educate me, so much the better. <g>) If you do
a lot of your own printing, especially on higher end inkjets such as
Epson's 38 series and beyond, work in Adobe RGB 'cause that's what
your printer likes best, and that's what will give you the best results.

And remember, you can convert from Adobe RGB to sRGB just fine
because you're subtracting color. You get squirrely results going
from sRGB to Adobe RGB because you can't add what isn't there.

--Bob Whitmire
Talking Over His Head Since the Memory of Man Runneth Not to the
Contrary
www.bwp33.com