[OM] Re: sRGB vs Adobe RGB vs CMYK (was: Yum Yum)

Subject: [OM] Re: sRGB vs Adobe RGB vs CMYK (was: Yum Yum)
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 01:10:52 -0300
I feel better now, after reading this thread - one needs to become a
guru to understand the different consequences of working either with
Adobe '98 or sRGB, when and why convert one to each other, and to when
Proof Setup - Gamut Warning become meaningful when going CMYK.
When I started with CS2, several months after Mike told me in Spanish
that I'd better learn something about PS (and some years have passed
since then, I doubt he remembers his own words) - a local guru whom I
trusted told me to work in Europe Prepress 2 color settings, and pay no
attention to the unsynchronized warning. This meant to work in Adobe
'98, calibrate monitor ICC in this color space, convert to sRGB when web
display, .... but what to do when I wanted to print? - and which are the
differences  when printing through a Frontier minilab or a CMYK big
Epson? - Gamut Warning scares me. Is it possible to download the
Frontier profile ???
I trust my guru no more, I found he is doubtlessly a mean person but
some of his advice proved to be true.
Wiki has some insightful articles on color spaces which made me think a
lot, and arrive to some conclusions of my own which I still don't know
if they are trustful.
Moose always helped when I dared to bother him offlist - this is a
public thank you.
Chuck alway helped when I dared to bother him offlist - this is a public
thank you too.
Mike helped making me open my eyes with a single word which I heard loud
and clear - maybe four years ago IIRC.
I wish not to forget anyone here in this list at the time of saying
thank you.
I wish I managed to still be able to explain myself in English, I feel
I'm a bit out of practice.
Last, this might not be that important, but I like it because it is
quite challenging.

Fernando.