[OM] Re: IMG: yum yum

Subject: [OM] Re: IMG: yum yum
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:22:50 +0800
For me,  always sRGB from camera to PS editing to web viewing. For print
output, it depends on the device, Fuji Frontier need special profile that
can download from Pop photo's web, I usually adjust the files accordingly
and tell the lab to do "direct output". If you just send the lab sRGB image,
the operator will adjust it for you and of course it may not match with your
requirement. But if you are doing ok in the pass just continue with your
way.

I really don't understand profile, I have calibrated my monitor profile with
Spyder2 PRO, in PS I have to set monitor profile the same otherwise the
color will not match with Window system color and IE. When loading sRGB
image to PS it report profile mis-match, I have to choose "Discard the
embedded profile" for proper operation, if I choose sRGB the color will be
changed.

Actually, monitor calibration suppose for bringing my monitor to proper
color it should not related to the image itself. Same problem happen to the
new Capture One 4 (the old 3.6 has no problem) which cancelled the monitor
profile selection, now I no longer have proper preview color.

To me the color profile stuffs are confussing.

C.H.Ling