[OM] Re: Cleaning advise (was New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon 7D?)

Subject: [OM] Re: Cleaning advise (was New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon 7D?)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:51:06 -0800
Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> Hi Johan,
>
> I too refuse to scrub my sensor or put liquids on it. After having
> battled with a couple of stubborn specs in my Canon 1D2, I invested
> in a system recommended by a friend:
> http://www.delkin.com/products/sensorscope/sensorsystem.html

Aaaah, techie heaven, what wonderful overkill!

The vacuum is problematic, as it has to draw in as much air from the
surrounding space as it removes from the camera. So absent an input
filter system, it's just, in effect, blowing a flow of outside air
across the unprotected sensor. Fine if you work in a clean room,
certainly not so in my study.

I wonder why they don't point out that you need to use it mounted on a
tripod with the body pointing down, so anything that you knock loose or
that wanders by in the air falls out of the camera, not in.

Sloppy techies.

Moose