[OM] Cleaning advise (was New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon 7D?)

Subject: [OM] Cleaning advise (was New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon 7D?)
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:45:50 -0700
My E-1 has two spots after two and a half years of use.  They just show up
on small apertures, but I guess I should try to clean this sooner or later.
Poking something into the sensor is, however, something I am really
reluctant to do, and having read some horror stories on the net how people
have ruined their sensors by using inappropriate chemicals or methods, I am
not really sure what to do.  I recall even reading about someone dissolving
some of the sensor coatings in one of their hapless cleaning efforts.

Those of you that have had the courage to clean your cameras, what did you
use for it?  Is there anything specially recommended by Olympus?