[OM] Re: New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon 7D?

Subject: [OM] Re: New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon 7D?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:24:56 -0800
It has been rumored for a while. The rumor may be based on nothing
more than Canon's fairly quick model replacement cycle, i.e., a
replacement is due. I think  these those "specs" stand for
speculation, not leaked specifications. It seems to me that camera
makers have gotten into a mode of sweetening upgrades enough to get
owners of existing models to be willing to buy a new camera. It is an
important percentage of sales. There is not much there that would
tempt current 5D owners I think. The "7d"  will most likely have a MP
upgrade, probably getting 14MP or even the 16MP of the old 1DsMkII,
the dies for which are probably just sitting there waiting to be used
with no new R&D needed.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA