[OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop

Subject: [OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop
From: Doug <doug9345@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:45:27 -0500
On Thursday, November 15, 2007 12:00, Jez Cunningham wrote:

> My reasoning for going desktop rather than laptop is based on ease of
> upgrade (e.g. price of RAM), space for a couple of HDD and DVD drives,
> it'll never get moved (I've got an adequate laptop for travel if necesary),
> and a big screen, graphic tablet, full keyboard, etc.  But many of you use
> laptops or Mac powerbooks - can they really compete in this area?
>
> thanks for your valuable advice
> Jez

My experience with laptops has been that the cost of ownership seems to be
much higher than the cost of a desktop. Not only are they more expensive to
buy, but they just seemed to need more repair. While a 4 or 5 year old
desktop I'd expect to be a functioning and repairable machine I can see where
a laptop would less likely to be.
I can't address photo editting on a laptop because it's been 7 years since I
tried.