[OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop

Subject: [OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 06:35:22 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I don't know about no Vista but my XP machine is set up with the retro
> look as well in an attempt to keep the interface from getting in your face.

The latest desktop I bought (only six months ago) I *insisted* it came
with XP and *without* anything with the words "Microsoft Office"
pre-installed on it (last thing I need is for the Office installer to do
some kernel hijacking...).

The only reason I'll eventually wanna switch to Vista is then I'll be
able to use all four gigs of the gloriously fast RAM they installed in
the system for me.  I'm still waiting for Vista to mature.

And yes, I hope I'm still able to use the "classic" interface.

Garth