[OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop

Subject: [OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:11:13 +0100
Thanks for the detailed reply Moose.  Good to hear the vote of confidence in
Vista.

I agree to the idea of 'have both' and in fact we're not short of computers
int his household.

Work provides me with an hp laptop which stays hooked up in my home office
except for the rare occasions I travel.  And I acquired a Toshiba Satellite
which I lug around the house for any sofa browsing I want to do.  Then this
ancient Dell sits alongside me in the home office managing the photos and
some personal stuff.  And my wife has a newer Dell desktop with 17" LCD for
her photos and general stuff.  Her display is now putting my trinitron to
shame.

All on wifi, and each (except the Toshiba) with an external USB2 backup hdd
connected (running Syncback thanks to recommendations from this list), plus
a network hdd for double backup of our photos.
So I think Plan A is still in place.

thanks and best regards
jez