[OM] Re: How Big Can You Print

Subject: [OM] Re: How Big Can You Print
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 07:56:42 -0400
Thanks.  I think you've just emphasized my point.  Kodachrome resolution
is 63 line pairs/mm or, at 2 pixels per line, the equivalent of 3024
pixels vertically.  Using the conventional 300 ppi it says we can't make
a decent image from Kodachrome larger than 10x15 inches.  But that huge
wall projection still looks great as long as you keep your distance.
That projected image was not designed for pixel peepers.

Chuck Norcutt