[OM] Re: How Big Can You Print

Subject: [OM] Re: How Big Can You Print
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:53:21 -0700
Certainly I don't feel qualified to disagree. It does seem to that
the greatest "argh" producing behavior is people putting their hands
on fine prints and staining them.  They have to be close to do that
and one reason unprotected art is roped off in museums. One may
expect that 3-4 feet is the expected viewing distance, but people
don't pay attention to expectations. Really, I suspect they approach
it as closely as they can to get something more out of it and then
they back up to take in the whole. I tend to do that myself and am
pleased with a lot of fine resolution up close.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA