[OM] Re: How Big Can You Print

Subject: [OM] Re: How Big Can You Print
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 07:44:43 -0400
You should at least try a larger print or perhaps try cropping out a
relevant size piece and try it at 13x19 if you can easily make a 13x19
at home.  Viewing a landscape is kind of like viewing a fractal image.
No matter how much detail you capture in the image there is always more
to be seen if you only had higher resolution.  Where do you stop?  Is it
sufficient to see individual trees, individual branches, individual
leaves, veins within the leaves, etc, etc.  The decision about detail is
much easier with a portrait but no matter how much resolving power
you've got on some images it eventually isn't enough.  Print it on
canvas so it looks like a painting.  Then the lack of detail won't
bother you. :-)

Chuck Norcutt

  I'm first