[OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 22:03:37 -0400
I guess I have abandoned Oly but I prefer to think of it as having
abandoned 4/3.  After waiting about 3 years for the E-1 to appear I was
sadly disappointed at the decision to use the 4/3 sensor.  It will
forever be behind the 8 ball compared to a full frame sensor with 4
times the area.  I bought the Canyon 5D specifically to get a Canyon
full frame sensor.  Ergonomically, I don't like the camera very much but
that's minor compared to the image quality it can produce.

The 4/3 sensor will forever be the comparative weak point.  But it could
be forgiven if there were size and weight saving advantages as everyone
expected.  But it hasn't materialized.

Yes, I'm here out of nostalgia.  I've been around here for probably 8,
maybe even 9 years.  Everybody here is family and talks photography.
Y'all will have to drive me out.

Chuck Norcutt