[OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:03:09 -0700
Garth,

I don't think you are correct here. I don't see the need for a manual
focus lens in order to get light weight. Perhaps if you want/need a fast
(f2/2.8) lens. But look at the Nikkor DX 18-55 F/3.5-5.6. This lens has
Nikon's Silent Wave Motor built in, and yet only weighs 205 grams, just
a few grams over the 190 gram Zuiko manual focus Zuiko 35-70 f3.5-4.5.
It does not seem that the motor for the AF really has to add much weight.