[OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 14:28:26 -0400
But even if he could he'd only get a 4/3 image circle.  For $1349 (after
rebate) he can get the new Canyon 16-35/2.8 L (version II).  It's $170
cheaper, one stop faster, covers twice the image circle, weighs 140g
less and can be fitted with a filter (which the 7-14 can't).  Granted,
the 7-14 covers a wider angle at 7mm than the Canyon at 16mm but the
difference is only 5% (114 vs 108 degrees on the diagonal).  And the new
16-15/2.8 II is no image wimp on digital as were the earlier designs.
This one finally bests the Zuiko 18/3.5 as tested by the former champion
of the Zuiko 18/3.5 and 21/2 lenses as used on Canon full frame gear.
<http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/canon1635ii_a/c1635ii_a1.html>

But it's still a bit soft in the corners.  Does the ZD 7-14 have better
image quality?  I don't know but it would have to be awfully good to
make up for the all the other points such as price, weight, speed and
ability to use a filter.

Chuck Norcutt