[OM] Re: [OT] monitor problem and questions

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] monitor problem and questions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:13:26 -0700
Richard Lovison wrote:
> Moose wrote:
>

>> As Chuck recalls, I bought a Samsung 226BW in July and am very happy
>> with it. I did most of my research on line, checking both "pro" and user
>> reviews.
>>

> Do you know whether you received an S or A panel?  Some users have
> reported differences in quality with S judged as better.

Mine is an 'M'. The designations they have been obsessing about are
country of manufacture designations, and mine was made in Mexico. There
are others who will have you enter a code to find out who the actual
panel manufacturer is. After reading too many often contradictory posts,
I decided it was all meaningless crap. Whatever they figured out might
or might not be either sample variation or real differences, but by the
time somebody works it all out, the sources and manufacturing will have
changed anyway.

I just figured I'd buy one, and if it didn't work to my satisfaction,
send it back. It is sharp, stable and easily profiled, so I kept it. On
the sites where there are lots of customer reviews, the ratio of good to
bad was better than any of the competition. I think that's a better
indication than the obsessions of gear freaks who actually get pleasure
out of finding flaws, secret codes, etc., real or not, exchanging
products - you get the picture.....
> At the moment I can purchase a 226BW from TigerD*rect for 272.85 shipped
> and get a $40 mail-in rebate good through Sept.30th.  That's pretty
> difficult to pass up. :)

I saw your note that you got the wrong model. I bought mine from Tiger
and got it very quickly. Still waiting for the rebate check, but it will
show up eventually.

Moose