[OM] Re: [OT] monitor problem and questions

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] monitor problem and questions
From: "Frank Wijsmuller" <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 21:00:12 +0200
I missed the resolution part in previous posts. And the format and type of
display.

I think you can choose between 4:3 and 16:9 without too much difference in
price nowadays. And some may be of the newer 'glare' type and some are the
traditional matte. The glare type are better in color rendering (if you say
that like that, my English is (obvious) not native), but when there is too
much light in your room you might get distracted by your mirrored image (...
;-). And all things equal more pixels would provide you with a better
impression of your picture I guess.

My desktop lcd is a Dell 1600x1200, which especially horizontal is a very
comfortable resolution for photoshop. But my glare 15,4" wide hp laptop
screen is also very nice, and since the photoshop menu's are vertically
oriented, it leaves relatively much space for the picture itself. You
mileage may differ off course.

Anyway, to look at all those alternatives live seems the best advise.

Regards, Frank.