[OM] Re: actual 18 mm value at the moment?

Subject: [OM] Re: actual 18 mm value at the moment?
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 21:13:33 +1000
> part behind the threads is really thin. I'd be interested to see if a
> generic one cut down in a lathe as Wayne suggests would be
> strong enough.

I've now got a generic (camerafilters.com $US7) 49-->72mm ring on order so
I'll give it a try when it arrives.  Another problem may be the actual shape
of the "hood", the Oly is a very shallow cone which ensures that when you
screw on a filter there is adequate clearance between the front element of
the 18/3.5 and the filter - there may not be enough clearance with the
generic step up ring.

...Wayne