[OM] Re: Stolen images for sale on eBay

Subject: [OM] Re: Stolen images for sale on eBay
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 13:09:08 -0400
On May 17, 2007, at 9:55 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> Bob, you apparently don't understand the resolution number either.

Won't get any argument from me there. <g> I'm starting to get a
glimmer, but it's not much more than a spark in a hurricane.

I didn't go into detail about the Kelby resizing trick 'cause I
figured if anyone was interested enough, they'd ask. But you're
exactly right and 100 percent correct: When you change the resolution
in PS, you uncheck the resample box. It's a critical step.

I'm also not sure how necessary it is. Though it embarrasses me to
admit it, I sold many iterations of this particular image for roughly
two years before I read the Kelby book and actually checked the
resolution of the file. Printed copies like a drunken sailor, I did,
and sold them by the baskets full, never a bit the wiser about the
true image size/resolution. Picture Window Pro handled it all for me.
<g>

My point, such as it was--and based in pretty much complete ignorance
about the facts of this Icelander's images, sizes, etc., was that
just because she uploaded 72 dpi images didn't mean they couldn't be
used by pirates, if she didn't also adjust, as you point out, the
pixel count as well.

--Bob