[OM] Re: Stolen images for sale on eBay

Subject: [OM] Re: Stolen images for sale on eBay
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 12:21:57 -0300
I tend to think it the other way 'round.
Tell me if I'm wrong Chuck: first I find out which resolution does the
output printer achieve.
Say, a Frontier minilab prints at 300 dpi, but an Epson plots at 150 dpi
(those are the machines commercially available here).
To avoid interpolation, I uncheck 'Resample Image' _ then_ I write 300
or 150, then I phone and ask if that image fits into any of the paper
sizes the lab happens to be working on at the moment (last year Fuji
changed paper size but didn't warn anyone, nice guys)
Should I decide to change print W*H, then I judge how much interpolation
will PS introduce.
File size in megapixels should not vary, and if it must vary I decide
how much increase do I accept.

It took me some time to understand it this way ... I cared nothing about
it until when I had my own 4000ED ... is ignorance bliss?

Fernando.