[OM] Re: Stolen images for sale on eBay

Subject: [OM] Re: Stolen images for sale on eBay
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 16:16:05 +0800
Maybe what she thinks is low res, others think is high. It's difficult
enough to get everyone to agree to a single specific definition for the word
<high resolution>. Exactly how high is <high>? Is anything at 2.0Mpx and
above considered <high>? If there is <high-res>, is there also <very high
res> and <ultra-high res>?

Not here to stir things up but this thing about definitions has been bugging
me for years and I just thought I see an opportunity here to see what others
think.

K.

On 18/05/07, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> khen lim wrote:
> > Apparently, Chuck, she DID not post high-res photos. She was adamant
> about
> > this on her forum site (
> >
> http://rebekkagudleifs.com/blog/2007/05/15/freedom-of-expression-telling-the-truth/
> > )
> >
> > It's here:
> >
> >    1. rebekka Says:
> >    May 17th, 2007 at 4:40
> > am<
> http://rebekkagudleifs.com/blog/2007/05/15/freedom-of-expression-telling-the-truth/#comment-4508
> >

> >    for the millionth time, i have *NEVER UPLOADED ANY HIGH-RESOLUTION
> >    IMAGES TO FLICKR *
> >
> >    72dpi , always.
> >
> >    just wish people would get this one detail straight.
> >
> Piers Hemy wrote:
> > I don't know what "high resolution" means.  I don't know what "72dpi"
> adds
> > to the argument.  The resolution of the photos in question is 1800 x
> 1200
> > pixels.
> Unfortunately, Rekekka, whatever her other talents, does not understand
> what resolution is. Like others here before (one hopes) Chuck's
> clarifications, she thinks dpi means something about resolution by itself.
>
> 1800 x 1200 is 2.16 megapixels, the size of images from many early
> digital cameras and certainly high rez for the purpose at hand. The
> Nikon D1 images size was 2000x1312, for 2.6 mp, for example, and the
> Canon D30 2160x1440 for 3.1 mp. These were very expensive, professional
> cameras  only a few years ago.
>
> 1800 x 1200 is sufficient for an excellent 8x10 without any tricky
> uprezzing at all. With quality uprezzing software or RIP, and printing
> on canvas, it should give good results up to 16x20 or so.
>
> Whatever she may think, and I do feel for her upset, she did indeed
> upload high resolution images.
>
> Moose

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people" - Emily
Cox