[OM] Re: Vietnam tourist camera advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Vietnam tourist camera advice
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 13:08:51 -0700
I think Dan hit the nail on the head here:

Dan Mitchell wrote:
>   Alternatively, a Stylus Epic would be a good way to use film and still
> have reliable photo-taking equipment; they're splashproof and idiot-proof..

Set him up with some ASA 200 print film so he has wide exposure latitude
and he will come back with good usable shots. I set my non-photographer
daughter up this way a few years ago for study abroad in Europe. She
came back with many treasured shots. If I had sent her with an OM, or a
digital with a zoom, she would have just left the camera in the room and
had nothing. "To big, and to complicated." Even an auto everything - the
zoom complicates things for the tyro. Just keep it simple - point & shoot!

Jim