[OM] Re: Vietnam tourist camera advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Vietnam tourist camera advice
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 21:39:14 -0600
Moose wrote:
> I've never tried a Gorillapod; cute looking gadget, though
> <http://www.joby.com/>.

  They're interesting -- like I said, they're great when the surface
isn't even, because they wrap around trees / poles / etc. On the other
hand, if you _do_ have an even surface, then an ultrapod is a better bet
because they're more solid and have a wider stance.

  I think the gorillapod definitely has a time and a place where nothing
else will do, but if you don't need a gorillapod, then you're probably
better off with a normal camera.

  (other neat uses for gorillapod -- wind it through the vents on a bike
helmet, attach a tiny digital camera to it; voila, film of my bike ride
to work.. There's no way I could do that with (say) a Manfrotto 055.. :) )

  -- dan