[OM] Re: Vietnam tourist camera advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Vietnam tourist camera advice
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:16:28 -0400
I like Option 2. OM & film. It may be too retro, but it will work,
and if you have 8 months to coach, there shouldn't be a program. My
Miranda Sensormat and Nikon F worked just fine in Vietnam in
1968-1969. I don't recall heat and humidity ever being much of a
factor. I sent my film out right after shooting, so it never laid
around.

That said, I wouldn't assume electrical amenities are absent in the
People's Republic these days. The tourist trade in Vietnam vets is
pretty hefty, and I'm told the Vietnamese go out of their way to make
the experience worth while. With 8 months to plan, shouldn't be too
much trouble to find out what electrical accommodations need to be
made, if any.

--Bob