[OM] Re: Mini Macro questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Mini Macro questions
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:36:30 -0700
Scott,

I believe that Moose was recommending either the Digital Zuiko 50mm f2/0
Macro lens or the DZ 35mm f3.5. Having owned both I can definitely second
that recommendation. I kept the 50mm having had to sell the 35mm when I got
a steal price on the 50mm (under $200). The 35mm will set you back a little
over $200 new and the 50mm will be nearer $500.

It appears you are also looking at film Zuiko's in which case the 50/1.4 you
are currently in negotiation for would not be my first choice for macro work
though I have used that model on my E-1 occasionally. Wide open performance
is not great though which is where many might wish to use it. Personally if
I was considering OM Zuikos I would look for a 50mm f3.5 Macro, they are a
real bargain and if I recall correctly many here are using them on the E
cameras.

Dan S.